· Organisation of dance studio timetable including liaison with contractors (dance instructors) and other staff
· Maintain contact with clients via email, and social media
· Marketing promotion of classes including management of online content and social media
· Production of promotional videos for classes and other events run by Viva Dance
· Review & approve invoices from all contractors for payment
· Handle all bookings for private lessons, hens parties, birthday parties, corporate events and all classes/events not part of the weekly timetable
· Part of team managing large scale events: Auckland Latin Fiesta, NZ Salsa Congress, Auckland Salsa Ball, Viva Family Show
· All admin work for day to day running of studio
· Field enquiries – email, phone
· Reception as needed
· Manage Viva dancewear
Latin Dance Instructor
· Teach group classes in Cuban Salsa, Rueda de Casino, Bachata and Zumba on regular weekly basis
· Run performance courses including organising performance opportunities and coaching the team
· Choreograph for performance teams
· Teach private classes for clients requesting private tuition in Cuban Salsa, Rueda de Casino and Bachata
Experience in managing dance company or similar enterprise
Experience in online social media promotion
Dancer and Teacher specialising in Cuban Salsa, Rueda de Casino, Bachata and Zumba
Minimum 5 years Latin dance teaching experience
Experience in running performance teams & choreographing performance pieces
Proficient computer skills Good knowledge of Microsoft office, social media, mailchimp, word press
Personable, approachable & friendly personality
Can-do attitude, ability to work independently
Ability to manage stress
Work within limited resources, time & budget = creativity, resourcefulness, flexibility
Understanding of Latin Culture preferable, native Spanish speaker preferred
About Viva Dance Limited
Viva Dance is one of the largest Dance Schools in Auckland and runs classes is a large variety of dance styles as well as national and regional events like the Auckland Latin Fiesta, the NZ Salsa Congress, and the NZ Salsa Open.
As part of the Viva Dance team you will get experience in the day to day running of a successful and growing business and be given responsibility for managing your own projects.
All our staff members including our contractors take an active role in helping to create the community feeling that Viva Dance is known for.
As a member of staff you can attend any of our classes for free as well as participate in our events.