TEACHER AIDE – Auckland-NZ
The Teacher Aide should be Enthusiastic, Dynamic, Experienced, Encouraging, Firm but Caring.
– to work alongside to a lovely 11 year old girl (year 7), who is distracted, has got Selective Mutism due to Anxiety and lack of confidence.
Your role will be:
– to help her to build her self esteem and self confidence
– to assist her in the class with Literacy , Math , Inquiry , etc.
– to help her to keep focus
– to encourage her to interact with her peers, providing some social skills
– to help with the transitions between the activities
– to encourage her to participate in PE , etc.
– to be with her when she is outside ensuring her safety
– to help with her homework when it is necessary
– to be prepared to learn new skills
When: School Terms
(From 8.40am to 3.20pm. It might vary slightly sometimes)
The successful candidate should have initiative, patience, great communication skills, great ability to relate well to children . As well, should be flexible, approachable , fluent in English and have a good sense of humour.
– Having qualification in the field of Psychology, Education, ABA, CBT, RTLB or similar would be an advantage.
Please send your Cover letter and CV containing:
Qualifications, Work Experience and its respective location, with at least 2 work current referees.
About School in Takapuna
This is a small School in North Shore - NZ. It is very nurturing and offers an inclusive learning environment for children .