Mowgli Indian Kitchen & Coffee Geraldine, Canterbury.
INDIAN (CURRY & TANDOORI) COOK.
- Must have two years or more experience in a kiwi restaurant and should demonstrate an understanding of typical kiwi food/pizzas etc.
- Operating a traditional tandoor oven
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of traditional Indian cuisine including popular Indian street food/chaats and desserts
- Knowledge required of specific dietary requirements such as vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free cooking and can apply to the menu.
- Help establish a quality Indian takeaway and delivery menu with a kiwi twist.
- Regulating temperatures of tandoor, ovens,grills, burners/pans and other cooking equipment
- Storing food in temperature controlled facilities
- Ensure the Correct preparation and presentation and hygiene standards and presentation standards of foods is maintained at all times
- Demonstrating tandoor techniques and cooking procedures to other staff if required
- Checking on food supplies and advising the supervisor of any requirements
- Ensure all the equipment used in section is in good condition and hygienically cleaned before and after use.
Applicants for this position must have nz residency or a current 1 year work visa. This position may suit a couple, as the could possible be a part time position
Please apply with cover letter and CV and photo and send by email to email@example.com
About Mowgli Kitchen & coffee
We are a new small takeaway and deliver business specializing in Indian tandoor, curries, chaats and coffee.